The Cafe Response Team is coming back in 2015. Message "dailyfantasycafe" if you're interested in being apart of the team dedicated to providing timely, quality feedback to our community. You will also earn a Response Team badge and 25 points - http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/badge/57
We are putting together a team of Fantasy Football Cafe Experts to help grow our community to new heights in 2015. If you have a passion for fantasy football, a proven record of success and want to get more involved, let us know - http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/discussion/39/how-to-apply-to-become-a-fantasy-football-cafe-expert

1st time in a keeper leauge

so i missed out 4 years ago when my buddies started a 12 man keeper league and finally a spot opened up. the guy that won the "Shitter" (team with worst record) quit and i bought his team. now i play a lot of DFS and usually manage between 6-8 normal leagues, but this is my first keeper. it is a 12 man non ppr normal scoring league. you get one keeper that counts as the same pick from previous years draft position. so here is the team i bought in draft order :

DeMarco Murray 3rd
Pierre Garcon 4th
RGIII 7th
James Jones 8th
Rams D 9th
Andre Hopkins 11th
Eli Manning 13th
Kendall Hunter 13th (traded for)
Blair Walsh 15th
Brandon Bolden 16th
Harry Douglas 16th
Coby Fleener 16th
Jason Snelling 16th
Rob Housler 16th
Colts D 16th
Nick Novak 16th

what a mess! so many 16th rounders, wavier wires im assuming, and none pop out except for maybe Novak or better yet Walsh in the 15th. which makes me think about Murray in the 3rd a full round later than his current ADP, but i normally steer clear of him due to being injury prone and never having played a full year. any ideas or analysis would be appreciated!

Comments

• seibsseibs Posts: 24Member

Murray would be the one that pops out to me as well. Any idea of who else is being kept? Kind of seems to me that you'll have ample opportunity to upgrade at almost every other position if there aren't too many players being kept...

• andy117andy117 Posts: 81Member

You only keep one? I'd go with Murray.

• pokerthroatpokerthroat Posts: 21Member

, > @seibs said:

Murray would be the one that pops out to me as well. Any idea of who else is being kept? Kind of seems to me that you'll have ample opportunity to upgrade at almost every other position if there aren't too many players being kept...

the ones i know that will be kept are: Jamal Charles 1st, McCoy 1st, Demarius Thomas 3rd, P Manning 8th, Julius Thomas 10th, and possibly Forte in the 1st. the rest are like me, undecided.

• rjwhiterjwhite Posts: 35Member, Expert Writers

Murray would have to be the guy for me. None of the other players offer much value based on their keeper slot, meaning all should most likely be available when you pick in that round anyway. Can't say the same for Murray. Even if you aren't a big fan of his, it's wise to use the keeper slot on him and then see if you can swing a deal for a comparable RB.

• BlueBlue Posts: 755Member ✭✭

There seems to be a theme here... And its Murray ;-)

• indeedindeed Posts: 843Member ✭✭

I have a habit of awful long winded responses. Not this time. Murray.

• DeeToiDeeToi Posts: 132Member

Murray. Aside from him, it's no wonder this was the worst team in the league. Murray was on my championship-winning last year.