Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Week 13 FanDuel & DraftKings Cheat Sheet & Value Picks

http://edraft.com/nfl/fantasy-football/analysis/weekly-leagues/
10 Fantasy Football Research tools:

http://edraft.com/nfl/fantasy-football/tools/

Lookup player consistency, touches, targets, etc.
$$$ WEEK 13 FanDuel + DraftKings Cheat Sheet & Value Picks $$$

This is a must have purchase if you want to substantially increase your chances of winning:

http://edraft.com/nfl/fantasy-football/analysis/weekly-leagues/

We're confident you'll make your money back and more on your first try!

Who would you draft first: Calvin Johnson or Jimmy Graham?

MochaMocha Posts: 129Administrator admin

Who would you draft first: Calvin Johnson or Jimmy Graham?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• andy117andy117 Posts: 81Member
    Johnson

Gotta go with Calvin there.

• MochaMocha Posts: 129Administrator admin
    Graham

I was thinking that as well at first… but after a few mocks, I'm starting to wonder if it's better to go with Graham because of the gap between him and most of the other TEs versus the gap between Calvin and other WRs. Thoughts?

• Lyons91Lyons91 Posts: 54Member
    Johnson

I would say Calvin, TE is a thin position but Calvin will give you at least 18 plus points a week.

• Delhomme17Delhomme17 Posts: 113Member
    edited August 11
    Johnson

@Mocha‌, I think the gap between Graham and the rest of the field is actually narrowing. Much better to wait on Gronk in the third or so than to burn a first round pick on Jimmy, IMO, if you're going after a superstar TE. The marginal value of Graham over a healthy Gronk is pretty much zero, and other guys--Thomas and Cameron come to mind--should put up great numbers, too. As other TE's close the gap, Jimmy's first-round ADP becomes harder to justify, IMO.

Anecdotally, I never like the teams I field in mocks when I take Graham in the first. Always end up thinner at WR than I would like. I would rather lock up stud WR's and take a later round TE like Witten, Pitta, Reed, Olsen, or Bennett than I would take an early round TE and end up with a WR3 (my league starts 3 WR's) that's inconsistent and has a nebulous roll in his team's offense.

@Lyons91, I actually think TE is pretty deep. I'd feel safe with any of the guys I've mentioned in this post starting for me, plus VD, Ertz, Clay, and Rudolph. There are also guys like Green, Walker, Ebron, and Eifert--players who aren't quite "there" yet, but who offer nice upside. Maybe TE has the smallest Tier 1 of any position, but it's a lot deeper than folks give it credit for, IMO.

Graham

@Lyons91‌ + @Delhomme17‌ - I'm convinced! I'll take Megatron if in that situation. Currently I have him pegged at 6th overall pick or later. How about you guys?

• Lyons91Lyons91 Posts: 54Member
    Johnson

@mocha he would be in my top 5 I I were doing a snake draft. I usually only have auction drafts now so now it's all about managing the money lol

Johnson

In my PPR league that starts 3 WR, I will likely take him at #3, assuming Charles and McCoy are both gone. Very strongly looking at some sort of a modified Zero RB strategy--WR/WR/WR depending on how the draft goes, then snag guys like Mathews, Gerhart, Joique, Sankey, etc. in the 4th and 5th rounds and load up on rookies like Freeman, Hill, etc. later. Timeshare RB's, I think, are more consistent than WR3's. Might not have the upside potential as long as the timeshare stands, but I like 6-8 guaranteed touches per week a lot more than "potentially 4 catches". Just a thought--haven't married myself to any particular strategy yet.

Graham

I like the way you guys think! As an added bonus, going WR, WR would be a lot more fun too :)… I just wonder how risky it is to depend on RBs like Gerhart and Sankey. So you guys would draft Dez, Demaryius and Green over Graham too?

Johnson

No, I wouldn't. I'd rank Graham above those guys, but for the reasons I've mentioned above, I'm waiting on a TE. I would take Graham if he fell to me in the mid-2nd, but earlier than that is too early for me, personally.

My thought on starting off WR/WR/WR or WR/WR/RB is that, in my start-3-WR-PPR league, having something like Megatron/Jordy/Garcon or Megatron/Alshon/Roddy as your starting WR's and Gerhart/Joique or Mathews/Joique (really targeting Joique at 5.3) will net me more points--and, more importantly, result in less week-to-week variance--than if I go something like Forte/Jordy/Garcon/Mathews/Maclin or if I wait even longer to get my WR3. Plus, wear and tear tends to be related to the number of touches a guy receives. By that logic, RB's are bigger injury risks than WR's; I'd rather get my RB production for cheap and spend higher picks on receivers.

• GronkeyKongCountryGronkeyKongCountry Posts: 22Member
    Graham

Go graham! And get a wr 1 in the 2nd or 3rd