Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Use FanDuel Promo Code "CAFE" for 100% Bonus Up To $200
http://fantasycafe.com/fanduel
Week 15 FanDuel & DraftKings Cheat Sheet & Value Picks

http://edraft.com/nfl/fantasy-football/analysis/weekly-leagues/
10 Fantasy Football Research tools:

http://edraft.com/nfl/fantasy-football/tools/

Lookup player consistency, touches, targets, etc.
Step 1: Join FanDuel with Promo Code: CAFE
Step 2: Seek Our Advice and Dominate:

Get Our Week 15 FanDuel Cheat Sheet & Value Picks

This is a must have purchase if you want to substantially increase your chances of winning:

http://edraft.com/nfl/fantasy-football/analysis/weekly-leagues/

We're confident you'll make your money back and more on your first try!

Who Would You Take With the 7th Overall Pick?

MochaMocha Posts: 150Administrator admin

Assuming Jamaal Charles, LeSean McCoy, Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Calvin Johnson and Eddie Lacy are all off the board, who would you select in a standard scoring league where 6 points are awarded for all types of TDs?

Who Would You Take With the 7th Overall Pick?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Delhomme17Delhomme17 Posts: 113Member
    Demaryius Thomas, Den

I would take Demaryius. None of those backs screams "Hey, I'm gonna be a BEAST this year" at me, and while I get their rationales, I respectfully disagree with the take-Graham-in-the-first and take-Peyton-in-the-first crowds. DT because he's the best receiver on the best offensive team in the league. Legit top-5 and probably top-3 receiver barring something crazy.

• yetiboyyetiboy Posts: 66Member
    Jimmy Graham, NO

I'm in the same boat, drafting 7th, and I'm assuming I'll be in the same position with the same first 6 being gone. Mine's a 0.5 PPR so that may slightly skew me in favour of Graham.

@Delhomme17‌ I'd be interested to hear your rationale opposing Graham. Peyton I get, the QB class this year is incredibly deep, but Graham is so far above all other (healthy) TEs that I think the advantage you get from him outweighs the potential dividends from one of the top WRs - particularly since at least one of them is likely still available at 17 while Jimmy most definitely will not be.

Demaryius Thomas, Den

I think there is better value to be had at the TE position. If Gronk is healthy and ready to go week 1, he's pretty much on Graham's tier and a far better value in the third round than Graham is in the first (if you're hell-bent on a top TE). Julius Thomas in the 3rd or 4th is also a better value than Jimmy in the first, IMO.

Depending on your league, guys like VD, Cameron, Reed, Pitta, Witten, etc. will be available in the 5th+ round. Let's say you want to lock up your non-QB starters in rounds 1-5 (I'm assuming you start 2Wr, 2 RB, 1TE). Drafting from the 7 spot, I like a team of Demaryius, WR (Jordy, Alshon, Brown types), RB, RB, Cameron/VD a lot more than I like a team of Jimmy and WRX in rounds 1 and 2 plus RB/RB/WR, WR/RB/RB, or RB/WR/RB. I think the gap between Graham and the "next tier" is shrinking, and that the gap between Graham and, say, Cameron, is smaller than the gap between Demaryius and the WR you'd get in the 3rd-5th.

• gumbyke1gumbyke1 Posts: 108Member
    Jimmy Graham, NO

Wham Bam thank you Graham!@

• joeylitzjoeylitz Posts: 72Member

The 6 pts for passing TDs really changes the game, I think and Manning (or Brees) has to be strongly considered.

Delhomme - With Gronk an injury risk on every play, I'd be scared to use my 3rd Rounder on him. Sure, the upside is enormous and it MIGHT win you the league. But more likely, you can still win the league by using the 3rd rounder on a more reliable player and drafting well. To each his own, of course. But I don't like the risk of Gronk.

Demaryius Thomas, Den

Yeah, I'm a bit leery of Gronk as well. All I was saying is that I would rather take him in the third than Jimmy in the first if I badly wanted an elite TE. I'd much rather have any of the guys I mentioned in the second paragraph of my post.

• yeknomyeknom Posts: 15Member
    Demaryius Thomas, Den

I have the 7th in mine and it's .5 PPR. Still can't decide between DT/Bryant or Graham

• PalisadesPetsPalisadesPets Posts: 5Member

i would take either payton or graham and if both are gone then move on to dez bryant and thomas ..

speaking of Gronk, i scored him in my draft at the 4th round ... what a steal ... if he can manage to start game one and stay healthy, better watch out!!!

• d0nkeysh0wd0nkeysh0w Posts: 25Member
    Demaryius Thomas, Den

Demaryius Thomas.

• Umma10Umma10 Posts: 30Member
    Peyton Manning, Den

I don't know your scoring but, I picked Manning, I am slighted to go M. Ball too. I didn't go with Graham because you have alot of mouths to feed, Colston is finally healthy and their #1 WR, Cooks is impressing everyone, and they also pass to Ingram. So I think his touches will dip along with TDs. Dez or Thomas wouldn't be bad a bad pick here at all, but if it's a 6pt TD league I would go Manning (I know you shouldn't push up your QB rankings if it's 6pt TD's). Manning pretty much averaged 3 TD's a game last year, he would be the only QB I move up. I have Ball and Lacey as the number 5a and 5b RB, they are both amazing and should do very well. I know Ball has surgery and hasn't had alot of practice or playing time. If you want to be safe and sound go with Dez (Romo is a hit away from sitting on the bench) or Thomas (he is your safest pick). If it's a 6pt TD all around, go with Manning and if you want a RB first pick M. Ball.

• Texas_Two_StepTexas_Two_Step Posts: 413Member, Expert Writers ✭✭
    Jimmy Graham, NO

I don't believe the above answer is a valid enough reason not to go with Jimmy Graham. If you like Manning more, just take him. If we look at numbers though, the mouths to feed in New Orleans has never mattered to Graham statistically. He is the #1 target. Colston in fantasy, in my eyes is a Flex starter. Brandin Cooks is slated to help fill the void left by Darren Sproles and Lance Moore. Ingram isn't the biggest backfield target either, it's Pierre Thomas.

2013 Receptions

Pierre Thomas - 77 Rec Darren Sproles - 71 Rec Lance Moore - 37 Rec

And, I'm out of breath.

• sclyon3sclyon3 Posts: 41Member
    Peyton Manning, Den

I like Peyton here, also. The 6-pt TDs really helps separate the bar even just a little bit more. The differential between Peyton and the majority of other QBs (not named Brees or Rodgers) will be much higher than the differential at most any other position that you would draft, save for maybe TE if you took Graham. I would consider those two on merits of value alone, but that is just me. I would not take any of those RBs at 7. If anything, one of the elite WR.