Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

Who's Online in this Category 0

The Cafe Response Team is coming back in 2015. Message "dailyfantasycafe" if you're interested in being apart of the team dedicated to providing timely, quality feedback to our community. You will also earn a Response Team badge and 25 points - http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/badge/57
We are putting together a team of Fantasy Football Cafe Experts to help grow our community to new heights in 2015. If you have a passion for fantasy football, a proven record of success and want to get more involved, let us know - http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/discussion/39/how-to-apply-to-become-a-fantasy-football-cafe-expert

Keeper help. Desperate.

Reposted for more help... 12 team league. PPR 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, Flex. I can keep up to 3. thoughts? I have 8th pick of draft. A Brown in 4th, M Floyd in 7th, K Wright 8th, P Harvin 11th, J Cameron 12th, Edelman 13th, J Maclin 13th. Brown is sure choice, then do I finalize my WR position, Or keep TE Cameron.? Gronk, J Thomas, Ertz are TEs kept by other owners.

Comments

• flotsamnjetsamflotsamnjetsam Posts: 24Member, Moderator mod
    edited August 2014

My answer is the same as I posted in your other thread. BTW, you could've just posted BUMP (Bring Up My Post) in your other thread instead of reposting and making a duplicate thread. :) Good luck!

• slowkidzslowkidz Posts: 14Member

I'd keep Brown, Harvin, and Cameron. If I had to only choose two, Brown and Cameron.

If I were you, I would check through the other team rosters and maybe try to trade Floyd, Wright or even Harvin for a RB. You should also get an idea of who is available for you in the first couple of rounds after you remove all of your keepers. If there are plenty of RBs, then keep your WRs and TE. If there aren't, try trading a WR or package them to get a RB in return.

• srlarsonsrlarson Posts: 128Member

not a fan of brown.....for the value I would keep Harvin, Cameron, Maclin

• marcvvptmarcvvpt Posts: 16Member

I tried to package two WR for a RB but no takers. Some owners have Ellington, Montee, J Bell, Stacy, L Bell being kept for a very cheap price.

Any other help? At the number 8 pick whom should I except. I need running back but unless Lacy is there don't know if M Lynch is worth that pick. So do I not keep Cameron in case J Graham is there to take at 8?

• gmunugmunu Posts: 10Member

neither Lacy or J. Graham is lasting until pick 8 on most drafts or mocks I am doing this year. I don't think you can expect to get either of them in a keeper at 8.
    You say this is a PPR league. That brings the value of Brown and Edelman up. I don't have any faith in Harvin as a keeper myself. He's not on a passing team, isn't a great receiver, and is injury prone. I'd let him slide and go with Cameron who will probably lead all Cleveland receivers in receptions by a wide margin and may compete for the league lead too. I am not excited about Edelman but he should be the top WR for N.E. too and could catch 100 passes.

The High reward possibilities of Harvin is going to be hard to turn down.

• Texas_Two_StepTexas_Two_Step Posts: 478Member, Expert Writers ✭✭

I take Brown, Harvin and absolutely Cameron. I wish I had that problem.

• BlueBlue Posts: 807Member ✭✭

Brown, Cameron, and I would go for Edelman or Maclin for their value and upside. Brown was the number 2 PPR WR last year and I don't see how you could drop him, nothing has changed in PIT to lead me to believe he still wont be a top 10.

• uri266uri266 Posts: 11Member

I'd definitely take Brown, Harvin, and Cameron.

Help with mine
    http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/discussion/300/still-keep-bell#latest

So looks like concensus is Brown and Cameron. There a mix of either Harvin in the 11th or Edelman in the 13th, a few Maclin lovers too.

Any more thoughts. Edelman seems like a sure thing for chances but isn't that sexy. Harvin could be a high reward player with some big games.

Note- my league does give return yardages 25yards = 1point so if either of them get yards there will be even better. Is harvin expected to return?