*** WEEK 8 FanDuel + DraftKings Cheat Sheet & Value Picks ***

This is a must have purchase if you want to substantially increase your chances of winning:

http://edraft.com/nfl/fantasy-football/analysis/weekly-leagues/

We're confident you'll make your money back and more on your first try!
Fantasy Hockey Cafe is now LIVE! Stop by and help get the community rolling at http://FantasyHockeyCafe.com/

16 team Keeper League Help

devil_docdevil_doc Posts: 186Member, Community Writers

Going into a 16 team, 1 player keeper league, and I'm currently picking 12th overall. (We will keep 1 player from this years draft)

Our scoring is kind of odd, as it awards bonus points for certain achievements.

Passing: 25 yards per point; 3 points at 300 yards; 4 points at 375 yards; 5 points at 450 yards; 4pts per TD

Rushing: 10 yards per point; 3 points at 100 yards; 4 points at 125 yards; 5 points at 150 yards; 6pts per TD

Receiving: 10 yards per point; 3 points at 100 yards; 4 points at 125 yards; 5 points at 150 yards; 6pts per TD

The group I'm playing with isn't very FFB savvy, and usually pick very homer-like or completely off the wall picks. Last year in this same league, I was able to get Jimmy Graham in the 3rd, the year before, I got AP in the 3rd round as well. I know its difficult to ask "how should I plan for my first two picks" as when the real deal starts, and value starts falling to me, or going sooner, it can most certainly affect how my strategy goes.

What I'm thinking right now, is target the best RB available with my first pick, and go either best WR avail, Graham or Julius Thomas (if they are still there) or get my second RB. The scoring changes the way I think about QBs in the first two rounds (as I may take one), because of the potential bonus there. Especially for the top 3 guys. But the other part of me feels I can get value in the 3rd or 4th at QB and try and secure top tier players at RB, WR, or TE.

Our starting roster is: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DST, and 7 bench spots.

My question is, am I way off in trying to secure top tier players in the RB/WR/TE position, especially with a flex, or should I look to secure a QB sooner because of the bonus points?

Thanks for the help!