The Cafe Response Team is coming back in 2015. Message "dailyfantasycafe" if you're interested in being apart of the team dedicated to providing timely, quality feedback to our community. You will also earn a Response Team badge and 25 points - http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/badge/57
We are putting together a team of Fantasy Football Cafe Experts to help grow our community to new heights in 2015. If you have a passion for fantasy football, a proven record of success and want to get more involved, let us know - http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/discussion/39/how-to-apply-to-become-a-fantasy-football-cafe-expert

#9 Pick - help!

joeylitzjoeylitz Posts: 72Member
edited August 2014 in Rank My Roster

9 pick out of 10 teams. Standard scoring. QBs have an advantage, so I am taking one of the big 3. I went Graham #9 and Brees #12, because I think that combo could win me some big weeks. $25 for the highest score each week. Here is how I mocked.

QB: Brees

RB: Mathews

RB: Tate

WR: Jeffrey

WR: Garcon

TE: Graham

DST: Bears

K: Gostkowski

BN: Ingram

BN: Moreno

BN: Pierce

BN: Edelman

BN: K. Wright

BN: Gates

Thoughts?

Comments

• joeylitzjoeylitz Posts: 72Member

Can a brother get a bump?

• CoachTedCoachTed Posts: 11Member

I'm a ppr guy Joey ... you got a good team but I am not a fan of your RB's.

I would think about packaging one of your bench receivers and either Tate or Matthews to get a true RB1?

• BleedinPurpleBleedinPurple Posts: 44Member

I think you did good for what you could after taking Brees and Graham.

• Texas_Two_StepTexas_Two_Step Posts: 484Member, Expert Writers ✭✭

I don't put much value in a mock personally.

• BleedGr33nBleedGr33n Posts: 215Member

running backs my man. do not sell yourself short. personally, even as a late pick in drafts i scrap the jimmy gram idea. just me . youll be suprised tho how much your regular draft will differ from mocks also. i ended up with Lacy at 7 in one league and Charles at 5 in another league in which i would not expect either of those situations to happen considering the seriousness of guys im playing with, but it did. I would definitly get a RB and a WR with your 1st and 2nd round picks. maybe zac stacy and dez, Demarious and Demarco or a similar combo. You could reach for montee ball but i dont like him as a 1st rounder(he very well might be top 7 tho , we'll see). QB is SO deep its ridiculous, wait on one. Personally i would go RB, WR , RB and then RB/WR depending on best avaialble. The league where i picked 3 of my 1st 4 picks as RB i am very happy with. you dont want to be left hanging at that position, cant stress that enough. WR is so deep also and even tight end is deep this year. get your backs and get em early!

• BleedGr33nBleedGr33n Posts: 215Member
    edited August 2014

just realized, what do you mean by QB's having an advantage? 6 point touchdowns? i would still wait regardless and load on backs. you can still get Stafford, Ryan, foles , brady etc all in/after the 5th round. i got foles in round 9 in one draft. last year in a 6point passing TD league i finished with highest points scored with russell wilson as my QB. I had 4 starting running backs however ;)

• HTTRHTTR Posts: 31Member

Couldnt agree with Bleedgr33n any more, drafting a qb or te in the first puts you in a large hole. Your first 4 picks should net you at least 2 rbs, the others being wideouts. You need a stud RB and a stud WR this year, just because of the depth at other positions. You can get a quality QB and TE much later when rbs are gone

• Texas_Two_StepTexas_Two_Step Posts: 484Member, Expert Writers ✭✭

Agreed, you don't want to feel like your drafting from behind all day.

• runningchocrunningchoc Posts: 1,073Member ✭✭

I think I'd rather try and get a good, solid RB with the 9th or 12th pick and hope to grab Julius Thomas or Gronk in the 3rd.

• joeylitzjoeylitz Posts: 72Member

Thanks, everyone