Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online in this Category 0

The Cafe Response Team is coming back in 2015. Message "dailyfantasycafe" if you're interested in being apart of the team dedicated to providing timely, quality feedback to our community. You will also earn a Response Team badge and 25 points - http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/badge/57
We are putting together a team of Fantasy Football Cafe Experts to help grow our community to new heights in 2015. If you have a passion for fantasy football, a proven record of success and want to get more involved, let us know - http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/discussion/39/how-to-apply-to-become-a-fantasy-football-cafe-expert

Trade to Upgrade RB2?

QB: Matt Ryan, ATL RB1: Demarco Murray, DAL RB2: Andre Ellington, ARI WR1: Calvin Johnson, DET WR2: Andre Johnson, HOU TE: Kyle Rudolph, MIN FLEX: Rashad Jennings, NYG D/ST: Patriots K: Shayne Graham B: Emmanual Sanders, DEN, WR B: Bishop Sankey, TEN, RB B: Christine Michael, SEA, RB B:Lamar Miller, MIA, RB B: Markus Wheaton, PIT, WR B: Andrew Hawkins, CLE, WR B: Carson Palmer, ARI, QB

I was thinking about offering Ellington and Jennings for Arian Foster. The guy I would be trading has little depth at RB and is very high on Ellington. I feel I could talk him into this. Would it be worth it to give myself two studs at RB to give up the depth? I feel I could plug Sanders in at Flex and not lose too much there? Or should I just be happy with my team and hold tight til the season starts?

Comments

• KleShreenKleShreen Posts: 6Member

I think Hawkins will end up being a WR2 in Cleveland and get good numbers, so I think he could be a flex play, as well. But if Welker is out, then Sanders is definitely an every week flex. So.

• murphysxmmurphysxm Posts: 197Member, Moderator mod

to be honest, Arian scares the crap out of me. I think I'd rather hold Ellington

• Texas_Two_StepTexas_Two_Step Posts: 465Member, Expert Writers ✭✭
  • HTTRHTTR Posts: 31Member

No ppr, ESPN standard scoring

I honestly like Ellington and Jennings. I'd keep them. Foster is too high risk to give so much up.

Should I pursue trying to package them for another top RB that isn't Foster?

If you could get something in the Lacy range, yes. However, I doubt that will happen. Don't out think yourself here. Both guys are good and either one could have a breakout campaign.

Alright, I guess I'll stop tinkering and just accept what I have... Its hard to stop trying to improve my team though

Last question, would it worth trying to go after one of the truly top backs like Lacey or Forte with Murray and one of the other backs? Or do you think that is giving up too much?

You should always look to improve, but for the right player. You would be giving up a lot of points for a guy in Foster who may go out Week 1 and never play again.

• murphysxmmurphysxm Posts: 197Member, Moderator mod

Nobody is going to trade away one of the truly top backs unless you blow them away. Sit tight and be patient

• mth010291mth010291 Posts: 97Member

im pretty down on murray this year, hes very talented but not the most durable back. has a long list of injuries to his resume. not to mention, the cowboys are projected to be a heavy come from behind pass attack team this year due to their horrible defense. on top of all of that, there is a lot of speculation that dunbar or randle will slightly eat into murray's carries/touches. i say try and trade him and sankey or lamar miller and try to get someone to bite on a lacy caliber RB. you probably wont have much luck at getting AP/shady/Jchar but its worth a shot. I really like your setup if you were to get a lacy caliber RB, you still have ellington who some say will be a major breakout candidate this year, and rashad jennings as well. not to mention, emmanuel sanders has potential to flourish in peytons offense, you will have a "good" problem at finding the right flex player every week haha

• mth010291mth010291 Posts: 97Member

for what it's worth though, i do really like your team as it is. don't over trade just to try and get a top back. you have very good RB depth, but fortunately you are in a good spot to do a 2 for 1 RB deal if someone wants it.

• clatch97clatch97 Posts: 147Member

If you were to trade Ellington alone for foster you'd be on the losing end.let alone giving another player along with him

• indeedindeed Posts: 845Member ✭✭

I also like your team as is. I prefer Ellington to Foster and wouldn't do it straight up let alone include a valuable chip like Jennings. If a team that has one of the big 5 RBs missed on their RB2 you could try Murray and Jennings for one of them. It's worth a shot. But they had to miss on the RB2 for them to consider it. Feel great about your team. It's nasty. You don't need to force a trade. If one falls in your lap for an elite great. Otherwise, enjoy your ride to the playoffs.

Thanks for the advice guys, Im backing off Foster, going to attempt to trade Murray and Jennings for Lacey, if that doesnt work out Im gonna sit tight

So the guy bit, I I traded Murray and Jennings for Lacey and Khiry Robinson... Feel like with a true stud at RB1 I'm ready to roll. Thanks everyone

edited August 2014

New Team:QB: Matt Ryan, ATL RB1: Eddie Lacy, GBP RB2: Andre Ellington, ARI WR1: Calvin Johnson, DET WR2: Andre Johnson, HOU TE: Kyle Rudolph, MIN FLEX: Emmanual Samders, DEN D/ST: Patriots K: Shayne Graham B: Khiry Robinson, NO, RB B: Bishop Sankey, TEN, RB B: Christine Michael, SEA, RB B:Lamar Miller, MIA, RB B: Markus Wheaton, PIT, WR B: Andrew Hawkins, CLE, WR B: Carson Palmer, ARI, QB

With Calvin Johnson and Lacy I feel pretty great

• bobroswillbobroswill Posts: 23Member

I also think Foster too big of risk.

Nicely done.

• indeedindeed Posts: 845Member ✭✭

Great trade. Awesome team.

• MeanOneMeanOne Posts: 49Member

@Texas_Two_Step said:
    I honestly like Ellington and Jennings. I'd keep them. Foster is too high risk to give so much up.

Agree here as well.

• MeanOneMeanOne Posts: 49Member

@indeed said:
    Great trade. Awesome team.

Agree here as well. Should have read the entire post before my earlier quote.