Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Cafe Response Team is coming back in 2015. Message "dailyfantasycafe" if you're interested in being apart of the team dedicated to providing timely, quality feedback to our community. You will also earn a Response Team badge and 25 points - http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/badge/57
We are putting together a team of Fantasy Football Cafe Experts to help grow our community to new heights in 2015. If you have a passion for fantasy football, a proven record of success and want to get more involved, let us know - http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/discussion/39/how-to-apply-to-become-a-fantasy-football-cafe-expert

Handcuffs

Just wondering how people feel about handcuffing an rb. I don't really see the point of targeting your guys backup unless you find him to be a high injury risk.i think you're better off to identify other backup rbs of whom you think the starter may go down injured or lose his spot on the depth chart rather than go out of your way to back up your guy.

Comments

• Texas_Two_StepTexas_Two_Step Posts: 465Member, Expert Writers ✭✭

I never have targeted my own handcuff's. I tend to not take risks on injury prone players, so I don't feel the need. However, I do target other peoples handcuffs if they have an injury prone starter. For instance, with my last pick in my "Big Money" league I selected Terrance West.

• muskrat21muskrat21 Posts: 349Member

same as Texas... I tend to shy away from people that need handcuffing. I made an exception this year getting rice and benard. i like to use my bench for better things generally. ie high upside young wr's or keeping players off other teams even if i'll never use said player.

• clatch97clatch97 Posts: 147Member

I pretty much do the same, maybe that's why I also don't go for handcuffs or even really understand the value of it

• dreamFFCafedreamFFCafe Posts: 31Member, Moderator mod

Never really understood the value of a handcuff. I would much rather take a flyer on someone else that has the potential to help my team(sleeper/high risk) rather than a guy sitting on my bench waiting for someone to get hurt or demoted.

• BlueBlue Posts: 778Member ✭✭

Personally I can see reasons for it, if I would have grabbed Gore I would pick up Hyde. Then there is Miller and Moreno, I can see a valid reason there to. I did grab miller but not Moreno in one, but fully understand why one would.

• muskrat21muskrat21 Posts: 349Member

@Blue said:
    Personally I can see reasons for it, if I would have grabbed Gore I would pick up Hyde. Then there is Miller and Moreno, I can see a valid reason there to. I did grab miller but not Moreno in one, but fully understand why one would.

i personally feel that miller and moreno are a 50-50 thing like bell and bush and jackson and spiller. they both could be valuable as flex or bye week fills but neither will be the sole # 1.

• Texas_Two_StepTexas_Two_Step Posts: 465Member, Expert Writers ✭✭

With Miller and Moreno there is no clear cut starter.

• indeedindeed Posts: 845Member ✭✭

Tate and West are about the only combo I would consider handcuffing based on ADP. No other combo is worth it. Just pick your favorite lottery ticket RB and go with it. It's unlikely you drafted a starter where you like his handcuff as a lottery ticket or you would have avoided the starter to begin with right?

• runningchocrunningchoc Posts: 1,073Member ✭✭

I think the Gore/Hyde handcuff is reasonable this year, as Hyde is clearly the backup and his cost isn't all that high.

• indeedindeed Posts: 845Member ✭✭

That's another solid combo you are right @runningchoc‌ . They both slide enough that they are worth two picks.