Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Use FanDuel Promo Code "CAFE" for 100% Bonus Up To $200
http://fantasycafe.com/fanduel
Week 8 FanDuel & DraftKings Cheat Sheet & Value Picks

http://edraft.com/nfl/fantasy-football/analysis/weekly-leagues/
10 Fantasy Football Research tools:

http://edraft.com/nfl/fantasy-football/tools/

Lookup player consistency, touches, targets, etc.
FanDuel Promo Code "CAFE" for 100% Bonus Up To $200

One Week Leagues for Real Money: http://fantasycafe.com/fanduel
WEEK 8 FanDuel + DraftKings Cheat Sheet & Value Picks

This is a must have purchase if you want to substantially increase your chances of winning:

http://edraft.com/nfl/fantasy-football/analysis/weekly-leagues/

We're confident you'll make your money back and more on your first try!

10 Team Keeper League Draft Help

devil_docdevil_doc Posts: 186Member, Community Writers

This weekend I have a 10 team keeper league draft, we initially had 12 teams but 2 of the owners left, so instead of finding new owners we shrank to 10. We get to keep 4 in this league, but because we shrank the league down, we are only keeping one from our previous roster, and everyone else is going back in the player pool. There is no penalty for keepers, we can keep them forever.

As of right now, the 10 keepers are:

Charles, McCoy, Lacy (my keeper), Forte, Murray, D. Thomas, Megatron, P. Manning, Brees, and Brady.

We start QB, 2 RB, 2WR, WR/TE, TE, DEF, K and have 6 bench spots.

Scoring is 6 TDs across the board, 1/25 for QBs, and 1/10 for RB/WR/TE.

This has always been one of my tougher leagues, these guys know how to draft and what they are doing. But losing 10 owners is really going to flood the talent pool, and leave some solid FA. I'm a little shocked at some of the guys that are going back in the pool from current owners rosters, and even more so at guys being kept.

I have the 4th pick in the draft, and thinking of starting heavy with WR or TE of whatever top tier guy is there, especially seen as I can start 3 WR or 2 TE. I'd like to think Graham will be there, but unsure. This league has a history of loading up on RBs and a QB early and often, which why I think I can grab some elite WRs or TE with my first few picks, and a QB even later.

This is just really thinking out loud at this point, but curious how others feel about the strategy I have in mind?

Guys on my short list for my first pick:

Graham Green Jones Bryant Ball

Comments

• clatch97clatch97 Posts: 147Member

Lol whoever kept Brady I wouldn't consider as somebody that knows what they're doing.i find it hard to believe they're roster was so bad he was the best choice.had to have had 2 or 3 better options.anyways, I like your thinking I'd probably be thinking wr wr first as well since there is a drop off after the top 5 rbs. You cold prob still get 2 solid wr early.id shoot for bell or Ellington to go with lacy tho even if that means reaching in the 2nd.theres a lot of depth at wr and in my opinion guys being undervalued.i like golden Tate,Torrey smith ( I think adding steve smith will help) Emmanuel sanders( sucks welker got hurt so early,now people will be awaken to him) Terrance Williams (they should be throwing a ton with that garbage defense).then at the next level there are decent sleeper/upside type guys like Wheaton,Jordan Matthews,Justin hunter,kelvin Benjamin.i like Wheaton out of that bunch because he is the clear nu,her 2. Also at tight end two guys that I like that seem to hang around later than I'd think are witten and reed(with the risk)

• devil_docdevil_doc Posts: 186Member, Community Writers

I was very surprised that he kept Brady, even with QBs getting 6pts/TD, he had some other players on his roster that were worth keeping over him. And I know it looks bad, but this league is probably one of the tightest I've ever been in. But a lot of these guys rely on the QB and RB, that's where I hope to gain ground.

Thanks for the input brother, I really appreciate it!

• indeedindeed Posts: 817Member ✭✭

You need to take advantage of the deep QB pool by REALLY pushing off QB. It's crazy deep for a 12 team league. Depth at QB in a ten team is just silly. Take two late and mix and match all season. TE will also have some really nice depth late. clatch97 makes a good case but if you are starting any of the WRs he mentions (besides Smith and maybe Sanders or Tate) in a 10 team league you are in serious trouble. Every team will be stacked. In fact, although I draft a ton of the WRs he mentions in a 12 team league I wouldn't bother in a 10 team league. Once you get 4 WRs don't bother drafting another. Go for lottery ticket RBs or even a 3rd QB. You will never, ever, ever start Williams, Wheaton, Matthews, Benjamin, etc in a ten team league. You are locked into Lacy barring injury as your keeper for the next few seasons so keeper upside is pointless. Besides pushing off QB, you need to just take whatever superstar falls to you regardless of position. I rank all four guys on your list above Ball, but if RB goes early historically and he is there and you like him, take him. Then clean up with WR/WR with your next two picks unless Gronk falls in your lap in the 3rd. I like taking the risk of the elite level of Gronk in a 10 team league more than a 12. You can always grab a nice safe TE later to cover your butt. There will be a ton of options. As a general rule go for the elites regardless of position and adjust your draft strategy around each pick.

@indeed‌ That's pretty much how I feel as well. Not to hate on the guy's input, because regardless of what it is, it is appreciated, but agree I probably wouldn't be rostering any of those guys in a 10 teamer.

One guy I'm trying to gauge on where to take him has been Carlos Hyde. With the ability to add 3 more keepers to our roster for next year, he's a guy that I may target, but unsure how early is TOO early. He's the only RB in this years RB class that I would reach for. He's better than Sankey, and honestly, I think he's in a better situation for THIS year and of course the future. The SF offense hasn't looked very good early, so I'm hoping he slips a bit, but the idea that we can keep 3 additional players next year may cause his stock to rise too.

Thanks for the input @indeed‌ I really appreciate it.

• clatch97clatch97 Posts: 147Member

The wrs I was mentioning in second tier are for backup purposes with upside possibility,if that wasn't clear.it isn't a bad idea to grab a guy or two that could have a great year to mix in there on your bench.all those guys will be drafted in your 10 teamer

Thank @clatch97‌ the guys I won't be drafting are the later ones. Great feedback fellas!!

If you can eat two rosters spots (I know that is likely hard to do) then take Gordon and C. Michael late in your draft. Especially if you can keep someone more than one year. Lacy, Gordon and Michael next year, yes thank you. If you can only kill one spot go with Gordon. He is a sure fire late first rounder next season. Barring a surprise return of Lynch in SEA, Michael will have way more buzz around him next year than Ball does this year. So he could also push first round value.

I also like Hyde but he will cost you an earlier pick than the two I mentioned because he could have some nice value this season. Just throwing out additional ideas.

Yeah, the issues with holding onto one of those guys, is our bench is only 6 deep. I'm sure I could get Gordon in the draft, and might be able to secure Michael later in the year as well.

Yeah six bench spots makes it impossible to take both. I like the idea of adding Michael at the end of the year if he is dropped. I do like eating your last bench spot with Gordon. Sets you up really nice for next season without hurting you too much you this year. If the injury bug hits and you need to get a backup, I bet a smart owner would trade his depth for Gordon. Win, win.