Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online in this Category 0

The Cafe Response Team is coming back in 2015. Message "dailyfantasycafe" if you're interested in being apart of the team dedicated to providing timely, quality feedback to our community. You will also earn a Response Team badge and 25 points - http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/badge/57
We are putting together a team of Fantasy Football Cafe Experts to help grow our community to new heights in 2015. If you have a passion for fantasy football, a proven record of success and want to get more involved, let us know - http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/discussion/39/how-to-apply-to-become-a-fantasy-football-cafe-expert

Does Doug Martin recapture 2012 mojo?

joerod091joerod091 Posts: 73Member

Do you think Doug's numbers will resemble or surpass his 2012 numbers with mike James and their other RB out?

Comments

• slowkidzslowkidz Posts: 14Member

I don't think so. I just haven't seen much from him yet that would make me think he can accomplish this feat. Take into consideration that this was not the staff who drafted him, and has openly said they want a RBBC to handle the load, I only see DM as a 2 down RB. They will have Rainey pick up the 3rd down and passing situations for his speed and ability. I wouldn't trust DM to move back up into the RB1 tier discussion anymore.

• runningchocrunningchoc Posts: 1,073Member ✭✭

Actually Lovie Smith said just the other day that he sees Martin as a bell cow RB. But expecting better numbers than 2012 is pretty high expectations.

• joerod091joerod091 Posts: 73Member

Sure, I get what you're saying. And that's definitely believable but Lovie smith has already said that he's the "bell cow" of the team and will run for many yards this season. Lovie smith did coach up matt forte in Chicago and lovie's offensive style is a bit old-school so it consists of a lot of running. Plus, they have a pretty balanced team with v-Jack, mike Evans and mcCown that should lead to a positive running game..right?

• runningchocrunningchoc Posts: 1,073Member ✭✭

Did Lovie really "coach up" Forte? I mean, Forte just had his best year as soon as Lovie left...

True, I stand corrected

Although I do think most of the reason why he had his best season of his career was because of Chicagos stacked offense.