Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Cafe Response Team is coming back in 2015. Message "dailyfantasycafe" if you're interested in being apart of the team dedicated to providing timely, quality feedback to our community. You will also earn a Response Team badge and 25 points - http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/badge/57
We are putting together a team of Fantasy Football Cafe Experts to help grow our community to new heights in 2015. If you have a passion for fantasy football, a proven record of success and want to get more involved, let us know - http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/discussion/39/how-to-apply-to-become-a-fantasy-football-cafe-expert

Who at Flex? Cobb or Gore?

I have my RB1 and RB2 as well as my WR1 and WR2 set. This is a PPR league. My gut tells me to go with Cobb but Gore has TD upside. Any thoughts?

Comments

• The_DarkhawkThe_Darkhawk Posts: 247Member, Community Writers
    edited August 2014

Gore is at Dallas and that weak defense week 1.

Packers are AT Seattle...not the best matchup for the Packers WR.

I'd go with Gore, based on match up alone.

Just a heads up...there is a Start/Sit forum...

http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/categories/start-sit

• talontalon Posts: 84Member

@aramis088‌ must be nice to have that flexibility at flex Lol but I'd agree with @devil_doc‌ the defensive matchup weighs in gores favor. Sherman doesn't let receivers break away

• aramis088aramis088 Posts: 140Member

@talon said:
    aramis088‌ must be nice to have that flexibility at flex Lol but I'd agree with devil_doc‌ the defensive matchup weighs in gores favor. Sherman doesn't let receivers break away

Thanks to a great draft and devastating mistakes by other league members, i think i have a pretty stacked team. I know Sherman would limit his mark but wouldnt it make more sense for him to mark Jordy?

• TexasShooterTexasShooter Posts: 612Member, Response Team ✭✭
    edited August 2014

Gore is facing my boys D, Id go Gore wwek 1 and play matchups. And with PPR format Gore should get more points that Jordy IMO

Also what are your WR1 and WR2 is Jordy is your #3?

• The_DarkhawkThe_Darkhawk Posts: 247Member, Community Writers

Packers also lost two of their starting OL, their Center Tretter for 5-6 weeks and G Barclay for the season. That offensive line wasn't the strongest before, but Seattle has to be drooling at this match up week 1.

@TexasShooter said:
    Gore is facing my boys D, Id go Gore wwek 1 and play matchups. And with PPR format Gore should get more points that Jordy IMO

Also what are your WR1 and WR2 is Jordy is your #3?

I dont have Jordy, I have Cobb. Just thinking that Sherman would mark Jordy and not Cobb since Jordy is the WR1 on the Packers.

• TexasShooterTexasShooter Posts: 612Member, Response Team ✭✭

Ah, My bad. I think I would still do Gore because of matchup. We saw what the Seattle D did to Broncos. Safer bet would be Gore, we suck against the run.....and pass....haha

@TexasShooter said:
    Ah, My bad. I think I would still do Gore because of matchup. We saw what the Seattle D did to Broncos. Safer bet would be Gore, we suck against the run.....and pass....haha

lol

• talontalon Posts: 84Member

True. I always forget nelson haha sherman should be occupied... But Dallas has one of the worst run defenses and with Lee out again and ware out of the big d line this year it'll be pretty hard for gore not to have a breakout game.

• habslivehabslive Posts: 128Member

To be honest, I'd go with Cobb. Just because Dallas has a weak run D doesn't mean Gore is going to post a big game. Kaepernick is just as likely to take advantage of it, and then you've got James and Hyde who will get their share too. The Niners are going to do what they can to keep Gore fresh all year long... and it may mean fewer carries in the earlier weeks.

Cobb is likely not going to see Sherman, although I guess we won't know until the GB offense gets out there, but I'd put my money on Nelson who seems to have the real chemistry with Rodgers. The matchup isn't great, but I'd go with Cobb, especially given the PPR status of your league.