WEEK 8 FanDuel + DraftKings Cheat Sheet & Value Picks

This is a must have purchase if you want to substantially increase your chances of winning:

http://edraft.com/nfl/fantasy-football/analysis/weekly-leagues/

We're confident you'll make your money back and more on your first try!

Which one should I pick up?

Yahoo! shut me out of my draft for 8 rounds and I ended up with an autodrafted Bishop Sankey. Available to replace him are: Andre Ellington, Jeremy Hill, and Mark Ingram. Which one should I pick up?

Comments

• mtculpmtculp Posts: 82Member
  • devil_docdevil_doc Posts: 186Member, Community Writers

Ellington hands down...run, go don't stop and comment.

• indeedindeed Posts: 817Member ✭✭

How is Ellington available via free agency? Is it a 3 team league. Even then he might get drafted. High comedy.

• Texas_Two_StepTexas_Two_Step Posts: 406Member, Expert Writers ✭✭
  • clatch97clatch97 Posts: 147Member

Ellington of course.but you should have a better option of someone to let go right? Is Sankey really the worst player you have?that can't be right though how would it not have auto drafted him for you

• EaglesEagles Posts: 41Member

as others have said pick up Ellington (but how is he available) and drop someone other then Sankey as he can't be your worst player

• indeedindeed Posts: 817Member ✭✭

If Ellington is a free agent Sankey could easily be his worst player.

@indeed said: How is Ellington available via free agency? Is it a 3 team league. Even then he might get drafted. High comedy.

Ellington was inexplicably dropped by someone to pick up Darren Sproles! This player also dropped Carson Palmer to get E.J. Manuel! He has either lost his marbles or has the mistaken impression that we give last place money! I have a very high waiver wire number and should be able to get Ellington.

@clatch97 said: Ellington of course.but you should have a better option of someone to let go right? Is Sankey really the worst player you have?that can't be right though how would it not have auto drafted him for you

Sankey is right now behind Shonn Greene on the depth chart! If you cannot beat out Shonn Greene then you are probably my worst player. Seriously, I also have Stevan Ridley and Danny Woodhead on my roster but Yahoo! projects them both at higher season total points than Bishop Sankey. (I also grabbed Josh Gordon in the 14th round but I'm waiting to see if he files a lawsuit.)

• MeanOneMeanOne Posts: 49Member

Agree with others above. Grab Ellington and drop someone other than Sankey. Post your roster.

edited August 29

@MeanOne said: Agree with others above. Grab Ellington and drop someone other than Sankey. Post your roster.

Roster is (in order of Yahoo! projected season points):

QB - Jay Cutler, Russell Wilson;

RB - DeMarco Murray, Stevan Ridley, Danny Woodhead, Bernard Pierce, Bishop Sankey;

WR - Victor Cruz, Roddy White, T.Y. Hilton, Brandin Cooks, (Josh Gordon);

TE - Jimmy Graham;

K - Robbie Gould;

DEF - St. Louis

Plus some IDPs which are irrelevant.

• psorb1psorb1 Posts: 22Member

I will jump on the bandwagon. Pick Ellington up and find a way to keep Sankey in the mix.

I would suggest dropping Gordon and grabbing Ellington.

I doubt the lawsuit will make much difference and if Gordon's ban is reduced to him possibly playing some this season you should know something about your team and which players are worth holding on to and which are worth dropping for waiver wire gems (Gordon).

edited August 29

@MeanOne said: I would suggest dropping Gordon and grabbing Ellington.

I doubt the lawsuit will make much difference and if Gordon's ban is reduced to him possibly playing some this season you should know something about your team and which players are worth holding on to and which are worth dropping for waiver wire gems (Gordon).

Actually, given the Federal Court's ruling in the Minnesota Vikings/Williams' case last year, Gordon would almost assuredly obtain an injunction that would allow him to play this season though maybe not next season. The rub is that Ohio's standard for what is a "substance abuse violation" is different than the NFL's. The Federal Court said that NFL players are employees of their respective teams and not of the NFL and, therefore, the state labor laws of the state where the team is located apply. Under NFL standards, Gordon failed the drug test. Under Ohio standards he did not. And, since the NFL substance abuse policy is not part of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, players are not contractually bound.

All that is to say that Gordon is not necessarily done yet and I don't want to give him up. I need Elllington and will have to sacrifice my WW position to get him. I do not think I would ever get Gordon back if I gave him up.

I need to choose between Sankey, Woodhead, Pierce and Ridley and Sankey seems to be in the most tenuous position.

I'm more inclined to drop a WR than a RB. Your RB core has a history of injuries and lost time over the past few years so neither one is a given to play every week.

Since I live in OH I'm somewhat aware of the Substance Abuse laws (though may not totally agree with them 100%) but you may be right and your post makes sense. In that case, I would suggest dropping Cooks since he is a rookie and probably won't see much of your starting lineup until BYE weeks roll in (big IF there). Hold on to your RB's for now and see how the first few weeks of the season play out.