*** WEEK 9 FanDuel + DraftKings Cheat Sheet & Value Picks ***

This is a must have purchase if you want to substantially increase your chances of winning:

http://edraft.com/nfl/fantasy-football/analysis/weekly-leagues/

We're confident you'll make your money back and more on your first try!

Need draft advice for 12-team 2-Flex (one superflex) PPR League

gsnts725gsnts725 Posts: 6Member

Hello guys, this Sunday I'll be drafting for a $60 12-team PPR with two flexes (one Superflex) league and I was wondering if anyone with experience in this type of format, have some tips? I have some sort of an idea how to attack this draft, but I'd rather hear some opinions for more experienced players before nailing down a strategy.

I was was possibly thinking going QB early hopefully one of Brees, Manning, or Rodgers and another one in the 2nd or 3rd round. Also, I was thinking about grabbing early WR's. But I'm not sure if this is the most effective strategy. I'm taking all suggestions. Here are the offensive settings to give you an idea: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, Q/W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR

Passing Yards: 25 yards per point; 2 points at 325 yards; 3 points at 375 yards; 5 points at 400 yards

Passing Touchdowns: 6 Interceptions: -2

Rushing Yards: 10 yards per point; 2 points at 100 yards; 3 points at 150 yards; 5 points at 200 yards

Rushing Touchdowns: 6

Receptions: 1

Reception Yards: 10 yards per point; 2 points at 100 yards; 3 points at 150 yards; 5 points at 200 yards

Reception Touchdowns: 6

Return Touchdowns: 6

2-Point Conversions: 2

Fumbles Lost: -2

Offensive Fumble Return TD: 6

Pick Sixes Thrown: -2

40+ Yard Passing Touchdowns: 1.5

40+ Yard Rushing Touchdowns: 1.5

40+ Yard Reception Touchdowns: 1.5

Comments

• indeedindeed Posts: 818Member ✭✭

You MUST flex a QB in this format. Anything else and you are at a huge disadvantage. I like getting one of the elites if you can in the first. You don't have to force an elite in the first but once you get your two QBs out of the way you will be really happy with how the rest of the draft falls. You will be amazed at what is on the board when guys are forcing poor fantasy QBs because they missed the early run.

• devil_docdevil_doc Posts: 186Member, Community Writers

Agreed with @indeed‌ its an absolute must to get a QB with your first pick. Do you know where in the draft you pick yet?

As far as the rest of the draft, being a PPR league I think you need to look at a top WR or one of the better pass catching RBs. It all depends on the value that falls to you when it's your pick again.

• gsnts725gsnts725 Posts: 6Member

nah I don't know my draft slot yet, it's offline so we'll decide it when I get to the commish's house. Thanks for the advice guys. So say if I'm near the end of the first, you'd go RB or WR + QB something like that?

• devil_docdevil_doc Posts: 186Member, Community Writers

Yeah at the tail end of the 1st, I would probably take one of the better WR's and a top end QB. Possible it could be Stafford and say Antonio Brown, or maybe Brady and Nelson, Julio Jones, or Antonio Brown. I think I'd have to have one of the top 5 maybe 6 RBs to fall to me to not take one of the top 10 WRs.

It looks like in this type draft, it's really hard to get a balanced team. I'm thinking about just punting RB unless I get one of those top guys. But even if I get one top RB, I may just wait awhile for my RB2 and focus on QB's and WR's.

Hopefully you get a top three QB with an early pick. If you are at the bottom unless one of the big 4 RBs lands in your lap I would go QB, QB assuming two of your top 6 are still there. You will be amazed at the run on QBs in the 2nd and 3rd round. Odds are all the good ones will be gone by the time your 3rd pick comes around. Everyones favorite late QBs in one QB leagues like Cutler and Romo will be gone before your pick if they know what they are doing. You'll be very happy with the WRs and RBs that come back to you if and when the QB run happens. I've attached two screenshots of the average ADP of a two QB league from a very good mock draft site. This should give you an idea of how fast QBs go. Look at all the non QB options you have late in the 3rd early 4th. You don't want to be stuck taking Dalton when you might have a shot at Jeffrey or someone like that. I'm OK with taking Big Ben or Rivers in the 3rd if an elite RB falls to you in the 1st round. I am not taking that downgrade at QB for a WR. You will have lots of options later.

You don't have to agree with the overall rankings you see. I don't, but at least now you won't be caught off guard when all of the QBs fly off the board.

Screen shot 2014-08-28 at 6.40.58 PM.png
    433 x 864 - 134K
    Screen shot 2014-08-28 at 6.42.50 PM.png
    400 x 749 - 104K
    edited August 28

@indeed said: Hopefully you get a top three QB with an early pick. If you are at the bottom unless one of the big 4 RBs lands in your lap I would go QB, QB assuming two of your top 6 are still there. You will be amazed at the run on QBs in the 2nd and 3rd round. Odds are all the good ones will be gone by the time your 3rd pick comes around. Everyones favorite late QBs in one QB leagues like Cutler and Romo will be gone before your pick if they know what they are doing. You'll be very happy with the WRs and RBs that come back to you if and when the QB run happens. I've attached two screenshots of the average ADP of a two QB league from a very good mock draft site. This should give you an idea of how fast QBs go. Look at all the non QB options you have late in the 3rd early 4th. You don't want to be stuck taking Dalton when you might have a shot at Jeffrey or someone like that. I'm OK with taking Big Ben or Rivers in the 3rd if an elite RB falls to you in the 1st round. I am not taking that downgrade at QB for a WR. You will have lots of options later.

You don't have to agree with the overall rankings you see. I don't, but at least now you won't be caught off guard when all of the QBs fly off the board.

Also what do you think about TE's in this format since you potentially three of them?

@gsnts725‌ the best thing you can do is practice a few mock drafts from a few different spots. Top 4 pick, One of the last 4 picks and something in the middle. Each mock takes maybe 15-20 minutes tops. Try different combos to see what works for you from each of the three draft groups. QB/QB first, RB/QB, try skipping a QB in your with your first two picks. Make mistakes in a mock not your real draft.

The site is: http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/

They run all different types of formats. Just be sure to click 2 QB league before you pick a draft slot or it won't help you. FYI you do not need to give them your email address to do a mock. Just leave that blank.

Good luck.

Sorry I didn't see the TE question before. I wouldn't alter your normal plans TE or overvalue TEs at all. No one will flex a TE in the super flex spot. Again a QB is a MUST for all teams there. As for the WR/TE flex, I'd guess one team at most will flex a TE full time. There are just too many WRs. I think odds are all teams will flex a WR to go along with their other two starting WRs.