Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Week's Leaders

The Cafe Response Team is coming back in 2015. Message "dailyfantasycafe" if you're interested in being apart of the team dedicated to providing timely, quality feedback to our community. You will also earn a Response Team badge and 25 points - http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/badge/57
We are putting together a team of Fantasy Football Cafe Experts to help grow our community to new heights in 2015. If you have a passion for fantasy football, a proven record of success and want to get more involved, let us know - http://fantasyfootballcafe.com/discussion/39/how-to-apply-to-become-a-fantasy-football-cafe-expert

Big Trade

I'm in a 10 team, PPR league. We start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex (RB/WR/TE), D, K.

I was offered Tom Brady, Reggie Bush and Vincent Jackson for Jamaal Charles.

I laughed at first but have begun to ponder the outcome a little closer. Brady is an upgrade. Vincent Jackson is an upgrade and although not sure I need Reggie, he's a top 20 kind of guy.

Losing Jamaal would be a blow but Gio and Ball with Joique on the bench is should be more than enough. In addition, I'd have to drop two of my guys to make room. Also a tough decision.

What are your thoughts? Stay or make accept the deal?

Here's my squad:

QB: RGIII, Russell Wilson
RB: Jamaal Charles, Montee Ball, Giovani Bernard, Joique Bell, Jeremy Hill
WR: MIchael Floyd, Randle, Emanuel Sanders, DeAndre Hopkins, Justin Hunter, Torrey Smith, Terrence Williams
TE: Julius Thomas

Comments

• indeedindeed Posts: 845Member ✭✭

It sounds like a lot but no chance I do that. Your team is fine. Floyd and T. Smith are no brain starters every week. I'm not convinced that VJax out points Smith this year. Regardless it's close enough. You flex Gio and have Bell and Sanders as insurance at RB and WR. I love the upside of all of your WRs. It's a really good team, nice work. Your QBs are not ideal but they are fine. You chose to pass on the early QBs and this is the result. Completely worth it looking at the rest of your team. Don't give away your superstar for a bunch of decent players.

• MeanOneMeanOne Posts: 49Member

I'd stay put as well. You don't need Jackson and though Brady may be a slight upgrade over your current QB core you lose more overall with the loss of Charles.

Post his roster. I'm curious of whom he has at RB. You might be able to swing a deal and trade him Bell for some other RB depth.

• Texas_Two_StepTexas_Two_Step Posts: 465Member, Expert Writers ✭✭

No thanks.

• runningchocrunningchoc Posts: 1,073Member ✭✭

I would've kept laughing. I love to try and trade 3 decent guys for 1 stud. Brady is marginally better than Wilson, but then you'd lose 8-10 points a game going from Charles to Bernard and even more if you have a flex spot where you'd be going from Charles to Bush or Bell. No way Brady and Jackson make that difference up.

• brandonwerbsbrandonwerbs Posts: 147Member

you should say yes, but only if he throws in his first born and a '67 Shelby Mustang GT fastback. Otherwise - I would say no chance .

• devil_docdevil_doc Posts: 189Member, Community Writers

I'd actually use this to your advantage, announce to the league that Charles is on the trade block, drive up his price and see what other offers you may get.

I wouldn't take this particular trade, but maybe something else comes up that's a better.