Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Week 12 FanDuel & DraftKings Cheat Sheet & Value Picks

http://edraft.com/nfl/fantasy-football/analysis/weekly-leagues/
10 Fantasy Football Research tools:

http://edraft.com/nfl/fantasy-football/tools/

Lookup player consistency, touches, targets, etc.
$$$ WEEK 12 FanDuel + DraftKings Cheat Sheet & Value Picks $$$

This is a must have purchase if you want to substantially increase your chances of winning:

http://edraft.com/nfl/fantasy-football/analysis/weekly-leagues/

We're confident you'll make your money back and more on your first try!

PPR Keeper Help!?

Huggybear33Huggybear33 Posts: 15Member

Hi everyone i am in a 10 team PPR league where you can only keep 2 players drafted after the 4th round and if you decide to keep a player he takes the same spot he was previously drafted. Any waiver wire pick up i choose to keep will eplace my 10th round pick unless i am already keeping my 10th then it will be my 11th rd. Any suggestions are appreciated so please help me out

1. (6) Marshawn Lynch(Sea - RB)
  2. (15) Steven Jackson(Atl - RB)
  3. (26) Cam Newton(Car - QB)
  4. (35) Vincent Jackson(TB - WR)
  5. (46) Le'Veon Bell(Pit - RB)
  6. (55) Tony Gonzalez(Atl - TE)
  7. (95) T.Y. Hilton(Ind - WR)
  8. (126)James Jones(Oak - WR) WW. Michael Floyd WR WW. Nate Burleson WR WW. Fred Jackson RB WW. Shane Vereen RB WW. Reggie Wayne WR

Comments

• indeedindeed Posts: 828Member ✭✭

Bell in the 5th is a lock for one keeper spot. Hilton (7th), Floyd (8th) and Vereen (8th) are all solid options for the 2nd keeper slot. You can't go wrong with any of them and should just take the one you like the most as they are all great value picks. Personally I would keep Vereen so you don't have to sweat out RBs during the draft. If one falls in your lap take him and flex Vereen. If not go WR/WR or Graham and a WR with your first two picks.

Sorry I misread your list. I see now that the numbers on the far left are not rounds. I'm not certain why they are there. Bell is still a lock in the 5th. It looks like Hilton, Floyd and Vereen would all be 10th rounders unless you kept two. Even better value than I thought earlier. I'd definitely go Vereen then go nuts with stud WRs with your first two picks unless you are a Colts or Cards fan then keep the guy you watch every week. Pure strategy decision go with Vereen in a PPR.

• Huggybear33Huggybear33 Posts: 15Member

sorry for some reason it keeps changing the numbers on whenever i submit my post but the numbers on the far left are the previous years draft spot but i actually got hilton in the 10th and vereen was a WW pick up so he would be 10th rd as well

Yeah then I like Vereen. But all three are are solid options. None of the three would be a mistake as your 2nd keeper. Go with your favorite to watch.

I'm right there with ya on Vereen he was a great pick up last for me. I have the 4th pick in the draft is taking Calvin Johnson a smart idea ?

Absolutely if you keep the two RBs. Bell, Vereen and Calvin with a 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounder still to go has the makings of an awesome team.

• andy117andy117 Posts: 81Member

I'd keep Bell and Garcon. I'm not as high on Vereen as most. He's just a 3rd down back. Garcon will outproduce him this year.

I don't believe Garcon is a keeper option for him.

I'm a firm believer in pushing off QB in my leagues, but I don't have a start like you. If one of the big three QBs comes back to you in the 2nd you should take him without hesitation. Fill your 2nd WR in the 3rd and you are off and running. In a ten team league you need difference makers. Every team will be stacked. Calvin and a stud QB could be enough to put you over the top.

my original plan was to go WR, WR but i do agree that if one of the big three QBs is there to take them. If i do go 2 WRs tho im thinking i should grab another RB any suggestions? or do should i try for a big TE? Appreciate all the input so far everyone thanks!

Also if i don't get one of the big 3 QBs any suggestions who i should take a look at? as of now i was looking into Stafford or maybe luck

• andy117andy117 Posts: 81Member

@indeed said: I don't believe Garcon is a keeper option for him.

I'm a firm believer in pushing off QB in my leagues, but I don't have a start like you. If one of the big three QBs comes back to you in the 2nd you should take him without hesitation. Fill your 2nd WR in the 3rd and you are off and running. In a ten team league you need difference makers. Every team will be stacked. Calvin and a stud QB could be enough to put you over the top. I don't know where I got Garcon from. Maybe I confused him with Hilton. I had them both last year in a league. Oops.

I mentioned in another string that Cutler has an unbelievable playoff schedule DAL,NO,DET (weeks 14-16). I like grouping him with another solid QB that you can get late like Romo or even Big Ben really late. They adopted a no huddle late last year and he loved it. He is unsexy but always undervalued. You can't start him every week though so taking two and mixing and matching should work out well. I love Stafford and have him as my dynasty QB but he has single handedly killed me two years in a row in the playoffs. Just bad luck in the timing but he has stunk it up late in the season. It seems inevitable that Luck will eventually be the unquestioned #1 overall QB for several years in a row. I'm just not convinced that he will do it just yet with the conservative play calling. Once they unleash him he will be a beast. If he falls enough I would grab him and Cutler as insurance for poor match ups for Luck. In a nut shell, if I miss the big three I am waiting to see what QBs slide and I'll take two of them. There will be some great RB/WR still on the board when Luck and Stafford come off the board so I don't see myself drafting them.

• maddog36maddog36 Posts: 93Member

Bell in the 5th is a sick keeper in PPR. You have to keep him. I mean a #2 back in the 5th round oh yeah. Newton is a beast QB and you'd have a top 10 QB still having both your top picks one for Megatron and then one for BPA or BRBA.

I have to disagree with maddog36. I don't disagree that Cam is a good fantasy QB and might be a little underrated this year, or over, depending on your personal views but the straight fact is that Newton will not be drafted in the 3rd round of any 10 team league that isn't a 2 QB league. It fact, he won't even sniff the 4th or 5th round either if the league knows what they are doing. He is a terrible 3rd round keeper. I'm guessing that maddog36 thought he was in a different round.

• maddog36maddog36 Posts: 93Member

Though if you plan on going WR/WR then you could keep Vereen in the 10th which is great value also.

• JTsportsguyJTsportsguy Posts: 17Member
    edited August 10

Recommend keeping LeVeon Bell and either (1) TY Hilton or (2) Michael Floyd. Yes Floyd...he is continuing his natural progression in the NFL and has turned into be one of Carson Palmer's favorite young targets - we project Floyd to finish with 73, 1,044 yards, 8 TDs. For more - PM me. http://www.fantasyfballchamps.com